KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My LFT 228 A dishwasher will not empty and flashes code number

Customer Question

My LFT 228 A dishwasher will not empty and flashes code number 3?
Can I resset it the filters are clean and it is 2yr old
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

How did this problem start ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Error code 3 is faulty thermistor error ... you have to start by checking the thermistor

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

It just didnt empty after a regular cycle there was still dirty water in the machine and dirty wet dishes and the number 3 flashing and I put the machine on number 6 wash.

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you cleaned the drain pump filter from the bottom of the unit? Is yes then clean the spray arms and also check the thermistor located at the bottom of the unit near the drain pump assembly

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

I haave emptied the remaining water with a wet dry hoover and cleaned the arm I do not know what the thermistor looks like?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

If i take the sieve like food collector out which is round there is just a small area below and a small hole to the one side?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes just make sure that area is all dried up completely....also check the drain hose and make sure it is completely clean...however, if the unit is integrated you might have to take it out to clean everything completely...

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

I have pulled out the dishwasher and the hose is fine both in and out. the machine is fully integrated.

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

The part you speak of is very hard to locate I just went onto U tube and it basically shows you have to dis assemble the whole machine and remove all the stuffing materials and lay it down on its back after removing all sorts of various parts and wiring?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

The machine also makes a continual beep noise now if I try to put it onto any cycle?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is right but that is what the error code indicates, if the unit is still under warranty you can get it serviced under that

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

The machine will be 3yrs old in April

KevinWhiteJA :

where is that beep coming from ? control ?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

The usual place when you turn the setting and close the door there is the initial beep and a few min later it gives out a continual beep

KevinWhiteJA :

Error code 3 indicates that either the Thermistor is faulty or the wiring is faulty or it is the control module that has caused this issue...for this fault basically you have to start by cleaning the drain pump assembly and if everything is cleaned there then the thermistor is tested with a multimeter, if that tests fine then the wiring is checked....if everything is fine then replacing the control module is recommended

KevinWhiteJA :

so basically it seems the problem is with the control module of your dishwasher as it beeps as well

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

i have just been back to the machine switched it on and put the machine on to various settings and it beeps once to say it is going to commence with a cycle and within two min it just continually beeps every other second but is not flashing number 3 any more?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

Is it possible it just needs re setting? if so how do I do this as all the manuals online mention turning a dial? my machine only has three buttons one is on /off one for selecting the cycle and one for delay setting?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok and when you hear the beep does any of these buttons flash ?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

No

KevinWhiteJA :

well then as I said it is the thermistor...it should be checked first and then if it is fine control module should be replaced

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

Do you know how to re set my machine?

KevinWhiteJA :

this model does not come with a set reset sequence unfortunately....the only way to reset it is by leaving it unplugged for a while which you have already done

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

Oh shame well thank you for all your help.

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

No it doesnt appear so.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance...Happy New Year :)

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

Thanks you too! I will let you know what the verdict was just out of interest....

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure...as said .you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance...Thanks :)

JACUSTOMER-eov0jmom- :

It was a small piece of glass stuck inside the pipe

KevinWhiteJA :

ok...finally problem solved

KevinWhiteJA :

Anything else I can assist you with today ?