Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a Classixx 1000 express machine. A washing cycle on

Customer Question

I have a Classixx 1000 express machine. A washing cycle on 30 or 40 easycare with an 800 spin is taking 2and a quarter hours to complete !!
I have an insurance with British Gas do you think I should call them?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you put the machine on it's hottest wash, does it heat the water?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did a 90 wash 11.20 to 2.30. washing cold when I at last opened the door. I am obviously going to have to get British Gas in if the thermostat has gone or something!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You have to check during the wash.
Leaving it to the end, the washing has had 3 cold water rinses so should be cold.

However, given the time taken, it's a heating fault.
Heater, wiring and/or control board can all cause this.
.
Book a call with them, let the engineer know it's not heating.
It's a common fault, the machine completes the program without heat but takes hours and hours to do so.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. But should Bosch not give this information free on one of their products? £22 for confirmation of what I more or less knew does not seem right!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Bosch won't give you anything free, they'll want around £100 to send an engineer to you.
You could try complaining to Bosch about their business model but I don't think that would work.

Just Answer / Pearl isn't a free service either. You have to pay for the help and advice you receive to your questions.

I don't know what you want me to say, you posted the question, you offered the amount for an answer and I picked up your question, and provided the answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes indeed. thank you. I' m an idiot.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You are not an idiot, you asked the question, and had it been something else that wouldn't require an engineer you wouldn't be calling out British Gas.
Unfortunately, after carrying out the test/check I asked you to, it transpires that you do indeed have a fault that requires an engineer.
.
Good luck with the repair.