KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Siemens iq700 zeolith dishwasher A dot comes up

Customer Question

I have a Siemens iq700 zeolith dishwasher A dot comes up beside the tap sign and the number e17. What does this mean?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : About 4 years old. It's e15 comes up not e17
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...thanks for the information...E15 error mean that the anti flood device located at the bottom of the unit has been activated...to solve this problem you have to unplug the unit and then take the bottom cover off & make sure everything is cleaned and dried up there..

KevinWhiteJA :

Let me know how this goes

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Hi do you mean under the machine or in side on the floor. Many thnaks
KevinWhiteJA :

Under the machine :)

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Ok dose that. Mean have to turn the machine on it side or up side down
KevinWhiteJA :

You have to pull the machine out and take off the side & bottom panel to do this yourself

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Ok I am just about to take the side panel off
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Hi just taken the side panel of and you can see the way the water flows and in there I can see a bit off hair from my dogs
KevinWhiteJA :

yes just clean it and also make sure everything is cleaned

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Ok I can see two torques screws do I undos them
JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Undo
KevinWhiteJA :

where are those screws located ?

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : If you take just the side panel off you can see the way the water flows
KevinWhiteJA :

ok..can you also try to take the panel below the cover out...just make sure everything is clean there

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : ok I am just about to if you look from the side I can see water laying on the tray
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes please clean it and make sure everything is dried up

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Ok will do
KevinWhiteJA :

alright let me know how it goes..I am waiting

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Right I have turned the machine up side down and it got plastic bottom I don't know how to undo it
KevinWhiteJA :

On the floor of the machine is a circular device and inside this is a float & the switch....if this float rises, it makes the switch and generates the error code you have and turns on the drain pump. You have to check this item to ensure it's not stuck up, activating the switch.

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : I am stuck taking the bottom panel off I can't see no screws
KevinWhiteJA :

but is everything cleaned now and have you checked for all possible leaks ?

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : I have turned it on it side and a lot off water came out but have not taken the bottom panel off because I can't see how to
JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : But have cleaned all the water up
KevinWhiteJA :

it just comes out...try to take out the screws in there

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Screws out off where sorry
KevinWhiteJA :

if the bottom panel has screws in there you can take it out or just try to take it off

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : Ok it has no screws and can't see how to take no clips or any think
KevinWhiteJA :

ok then this model would not have the screws...just make sure everything is cleaned now and plug it back to check if it works fine

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : ok will do
KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : i have put it back together and turned it on and all working fine
KevinWhiteJA :

Great...is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-5nx4ppc7- : No that is all thanks you have been a great help very greatfull
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Happy New Year :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Are we still online ? All good ?