KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

freezer keeps switching off every 60 minutes

Customer Question

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me the complete model number of your refrigerator

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

Where do i find it?

KevinWhiteJA :

if you take the salad drawer out you can find it there at the left side

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

s200rss 10-a/g does this makwe sense?

KevinWhiteJA :

no..it must start with E-nr

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

S20D RSS10-A-A/G

KevinWhiteJA :

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

how old is it and how did the problem start ?

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

ALSO 8586N154 15010 AND 11 0421 022390 S20D RSS10 A/G

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

8 YEARS OLD STARTED ABOUT 10 DAYS AGO

KevinWhiteJA :

any lights flashing ? can you hear any different type of sounds as well

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

NO LIGHTS FLASHING when the freezer turns off fridge makes a beeping noise, fridge stays on

KevinWhiteJA :

ok have you tried to leave it unplugged ?

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

I unplugged it once then immediately plugged in again, normally I have just pressed the standby button which turns off the fridge then restarted

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

Ok what?

KevinWhiteJA :

Sir, I am just trying to gather all this information so that I can tell you what the problem is...please have some patience

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

OK Standing by

KevinWhiteJA :

what happens if you press the "fast freeze" button?

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

Not sure I have one there are buttons marked with a thermometer symbol, but none marked as fast freeze

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry one more question...where is the beeping sound coming from ?

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

The sound is very faint but I think it is comes from the freezer, not sure actually

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

It's the same beep when you leave the fridge door opened

KevinWhiteJA :

Alright, you have to gain access to the evaporator to check for any blocakges by removing the rear panels...if these are blocked make sure that they are completely defrosted...if they are not blocked then check the grill under the doors are not blocked

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

Looks like I should defrost the fridge, We did that about 3 months ago when we found that the fridge vents were plugged and the fridge wasn't very cold. This check may take some time what happens if this isn't the problem re the payment?

KevinWhiteJA :

I recommend to check the coils first and then the evaporator for any blockages

KevinWhiteJA :

I don't get paid till the time you rate this session with OK or above service :)...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

KevinWhiteJA :

if both coils and evaporator is ok then take the rear panel off and check if everything is fine there

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

yes there is some plugging in the grill under the doors. i will check the rear later today. if thhis isn't the issue then what? nothing more you can suggest?

JACUSTOMER-dct9nvb3- :

have you left?

KevinWhiteJA :

I think cleaning the blockages should solve the issue...if the issue returns then the control should be checked...nope still here

KevinWhiteJA :

are we still online ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know how this goes...I will wait for your response

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied....you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated.