Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have got a Neff U1721N0GB/02 fan assisted oven. The heating

Customer Question

I have got a Neff U1721N0GB/02 fan assisted oven. The heating element has gone faulty and I have got a replacement. BUT the centre fastening of the half moon shaped element is BEHIND the fan blade assembly. I have removed the nut and the specially shaped washer under that. But I cannot get the fan assembly off the spindle. As the fan appears to be a soft metal I do not feel inclined to get a screwdriver or similar tool to try and lever it off. Is the spindle assembly a tube attached to the fan, with a groove down the outside in which a separate piece of metal "slides", because if so it's not sliding and the piece of metal just projects into the oven from the tube just enough to slide into the specially shaped washer i.e. about 1mm, which is not enough to grip.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.
Do you still require help with this?