Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

i have a stoves model XXXXXXXXX and the digital programmer

Customer Question

i have a stoves model XXXXXXXXX and the digital programmer / timer stopped working. It is stuck with the auto sign showing and 000. The main fan oven doesn't work. the smaller upper oven does work. I have tried to cancel the auto setting and there is no change. I have changed the fuse to the main electrical switch; didn't help! Cna yousuggest?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you turn it off at the supply, wait 5 minutes, then turn on again, does the timer come on flashing the time or just 3 zeroes?
.
The model number is crossed out by the system as it thinks you are posting a telephone number.
.
Is this a cooker or built in oven?
How are your diy skills?
How old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi the timer does not come on flashing: just 3 zeros with auto showing at the left hand side. The appliance is about 16 years old and is a double oven and grill - built in oven Stoves 900GTF

Are you going to suggest disconnecting the wiring for the digital programmer?!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You'll need a new clock/timer or, you can alter the wiring to bypass it.

If you want to bypass it, you'll need to take it out and take the top off to access the wiring.

If you post a picture of the wiring and the connections on the timer I'll try and work it out for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks. Unfortunately I can't take it out and have found an earlier reply on your website that explains it: think it would be better to get an electrician to do or fit new timer.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem
.
Good luck with the repair.