KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

hi i was on a while ago enquiring about a dishwasher problem.

Customer Question

hi i was on a while ago enquiring about a dishwasher problem. siemens extraklasse hydro sensor dishwasher SE24A230GB/17 the door was left open while water was turned off. and when closed after water came back, it is all confused. i cant reset it.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the Dishwasher ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

not sure

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you please tell me how did the problem start ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

the dishwasher was turned on and washing, when the water was turned off. the machine door was opened to stop the operation and door pushed back in when the water was turned on again.

KevinWhiteJA :

have you already tried to leave it unplugged for around 3 minutes and then plug it back again ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

yes did that

KevinWhiteJA :

Does it flash any lights ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

no flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

so now it fills fine and then starts or it wont start at all ? and no controls working ?

KevinWhiteJA :

are we still online ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

yes still here

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, does it fill fine ?

KevinWhiteJA :

or it is not doing anything ?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

yes it seems to wash ok but just keeps on and on and on

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

the water doesnt seem to be hot though, and when i took dishes out they were wet and cold

KevinWhiteJA :

if it is cold then it is the heating element that is bad and needs replacement

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

is it not because the machine is out of sequence?? as the door opened mid cycle. it was ok before that

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, that is right however, there is no ways to reset it...you can clean the drain pump assembly & make sure the filter is clean and everything dried in there

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

why is there no way of resetting it. does this mean the machine is no good now?? there must be some way of resetting it

KevinWhiteJA :

after this if the issue returns you have to clean the area near the anti flood switch

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

i dont see any anti flood switch

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you already tried to clean the drain pump assembly?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

there is no water in the machine

KevinWhiteJA :

no not in the machine...I am talking about the area located under the bottom of the unit

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

all is good there

KevinWhiteJA :

basically you can take it out if it is integrated & tip it backwards...everything will be out and the anti flood switch will be deactivated

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

how will that re set the machine???

KevinWhiteJA :

if everything is clean in there and the problem is still there...then check if the door closes properly...if everything is working fine then you have to replace the control

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

the door does close properly

KevinWhiteJA :

There is no reset other then cancling the cycle out by pressing the to buttons on the control panel which has the words reset under them.

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

we did press those two buttons

KevinWhiteJA :

well there is nothing else apart from pressing those two buttons

KevinWhiteJA :

you can try again

KevinWhiteJA :

unplug the unit for 4-5 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

plug it back in and press & hold those two buttons for around 20 seconds

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

i will do. will i end out now

KevinWhiteJA :

...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges...

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

just we seem to have done all this already

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have then try to reset the flood switch...if that wont work it is the electronic control that has to be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

Anything else I can assist you with today?

JACUSTOMER-sjp8539m- :

no thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please make sure to leave a feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance......Thanks :)

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges...

KevinWhiteJA :

Sir, why is it poor service ? I am still here to help you...there is no other reset sequence in the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...the problem is with the electronic control, let me know if you want to repair it yourself and if you want to change the control

KevinWhiteJA :

I spent around one hour helping you with your issue and then got this Poor service review...sorry to say but this is disappointing...not my fault that the control is bad and cannot be reset other than the set sequence...thanks anyways