Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Smeg washing machine WDI12C7 is stuck. The self clean light

Customer Question

My Smeg washing machine WDI12C7 is stuck. The self clean light is flashing, so I did as instructed - empty machine, close door and turn knob to clean. Now showing 0.17 minutes flashing and refuses to self clean. Can;t get it out of this phase.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the washer ?

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

About 5 weeks old

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to unplug it for 3-5 minutes and then plug it back ?

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

Yes, switched power off at isolator for an hour, still same problem

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

can you check the drain pump filter located at the bottom of the unit for any clogs ?

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

ok will do

KevinWhiteJA :

please check and let me know

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

OK, drained machine - there was about a pint of water in it. Opened the drain pump filter and found a pound coin in it. Cleared it. Switched machine on and off. Still showing 0:17 and the self clean light is still flashing as before.

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you unplug it ?

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

will see if that makes a difference

KevinWhiteJA :

thanks

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

OK, pulled the machine out and unplugged it for 2 mins, plugged it still showing the same message.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

?

KevinWhiteJA :

Try to reset it while selecting the delay ed start time,

y ou can reset the timer by pressing the
button for at least 10 seconds.

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

Pressed and held the delay timer button for 10-30 seconds several times, no change to message. 0:17 flashing with self clean also flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, I would recommend that you contact Smeg customer service as the unit is still under warranty...basically they have to check the electronic control of the unit as it seems to have gone bad

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

ok will do

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ? Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Good or Excellent feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

no

KevinWhiteJA :

Why is it Poor Service ?

KevinWhiteJA :

I tried my best to help you

KevinWhiteJA :

as I said if you are not satisfied let me know I will still help you

KevinWhiteJA :

opening the control and trying to repair it yourself will void the warranty

JACUSTOMER-r6yq0xbw- :

You don't have an answer - the website is called just answer...

KevinWhiteJA :

well I have answers but don't want that your unit goes out of the warranty

KevinWhiteJA :

as said I have told you many things to check it yourself

KevinWhiteJA :

If you want to do it yourself let me know I will tell you how to reset the control