Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I habe a baumatic mirrored fridge freezer, it always quite

Customer Question

I habe a baumatic mirrored fridge freezer, it always quite noisey. As from a couple days ago tgrre has been no noise and the fridge doesn't feel cold but stuff in freezer is still frozen. is it going to b a big job to Fix please
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would I find that it just says model: quattro

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Its normally on a sticker inside the fridge section behind the salad drawers on the side wall.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1g004 XXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

That first part of the number isn't coming up and the other part you posted has been crossed out.

Can you repost it please but this time put an A in front of the number.

Eg A1234567

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A1107060051

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok got it thanks. As this is what they call a wet wall appliance the fridge has its own evaporator so it uses the same compressor as the freezer im afraid. If its all gone off then im sorry to say you will start to lose the freezer soon. You lose the fridge section first as that's not as cold but the freezer will start to drop.

When this happens its either the compressor itself or the control board at fault.

Either of these im afraid is a big job as you need need to check the compressor and see if theres power going to it. If there is then the compressor will be the fault. But if there isn't then its the control board.

But looking at the type of appliance it is its worth fixing as a new 4 door appliance like this will cost about £700. Were as to replace the compressor you may be looking at about £300 and the control board will ne a bit cheaper. So its probberly worth getting it fixed.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.