Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Tumble dryer model TCE 7276w start/pause button wont connect

Customer Question

Tumble dryer model TCE 7276w start/pause button won't connect to allow me to start the appliance
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the Dryer ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : About 8 years
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

Any flashing lights ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Pause/start light is flashing as it should but when I push the button to start cycle it it appears to just not connect it has been a problem to stat for a little while but now just won't start at all
KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to unplug it and plug it back after 3-4 minutes ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : No it is all built in so will have to pull the appliance out shall I try?
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, please unplug it for around 4-5 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

plug it back and let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Ok but it might take a bit of time will let you know
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...I'll wait

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : I have turned the electric off as I can't get to the socket easily but still no difference
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

basically you will have to pull it out so that you can test the thermostat first for continuity....if it is fine then check the wiring from the heating element to the control...if both wiring and element is fine then it is the electronic control that is bad and needs replacement...

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Is the button repairable? If so what sort of price would it be and where can I get one?
KevinWhiteJA :

also before doing this can you please follow these instructions:

Switch the machine on, any programme......Close the door.

Wait 1 minute then press and hold together the start/pause button and the option button immediately to the left of it.

KevinWhiteJA :

You should have an error code displayed.

Let me have the code.

If you don't have a time display on your model, count the number of flashes from the anti crease/end of cycle led.

Then count the flashes from the start/pause led.

Let me have the 2 numbers, end of cycle number first.

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Ok have pressed the start/pause with the delay star button and get 0 flash up on time display start /pause led is continual
KevinWhiteJA :

Did you press and hold both start/pause button and the option button ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Yes together as you said
KevinWhiteJA :

so you see just 0

KevinWhiteJA :

nothing like E0 or similar ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : No just 0
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, can you please switch it off again and then plug it back after 2 minutes and then close the door, after a minute press and hold together the start/pause button and the option button immediately to the left of it.....if it still displays error code let me know, if it displays "0" then it is the electronic control that is bad and needs replacement

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Hi Kevin still error code 0 so it seems that it is the electronic control. Any ideas where I can purchase one and what sort of price?
KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy the parts here should cost you around 20 however, I would still recommend you to test the heating element and the door lock mechanism with the wiring

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Ok thanks for your help is the part easy to replace ?
KevinWhiteJA :

yes you have to take the control panel apart to replace it

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Good or Excellent feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Hi thanks for the help. Is the link straight to the part we need.
KevinWhiteJA :

No, as I said you have to test the wiring and the heating element, door lock mechanism before you replace the control...though I still believe it is control but want to be sure before you spend on the parts

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Don't know how to do this? we think it is the bottom as there is no resistance when I push the button
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, if you think then replace that button first...it won't cost you a lot

JACUSTOMER-y3rgpmze- : Ok what is the part number
KevinWhiteJA :

Part number for control module is 91671680400

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry the part number is RS112082

KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy the parts here

KevinWhiteJA :

Anything else for today ?

KevinWhiteJA :