Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Dishes not clean after normal 65 degre cycle, its not over

Customer Question

Dishes not clean after normal 65 degre cycle, its not over loaded and jets have been cleaned-any ideas?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
My name is Fred.
I will be trying to assist you with this problem today.
Thanks for asking us to try and help you with this appliance question.

When the machine is washing, open the door.
Set the arms at a front to rear position.
Close the door again.
Let it wash for a while.
Open the door and see if the arms have moved.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Fred,

I have started a cycle wiyh the machine empty and both arms are moving, I have opened the dor twice and each time they are in a different positions

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
So the water pressure is good and the arms are moving.

You say the dishes weren't clean.
Was the end of the wash very hot?

Can you explain more what you mean by not clean?
Was it certain dishes or all of them?
Top, bottom or both baskets?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pressure seems to be ok, but how can I be sure as the door is closed and water stops when I open it. Dishes in both baskets have food still on them and glasses dont come out sparkling (as before). Could it be age related? Its 10 yrs old now!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
For the arms to spin, there has to be sufficient flow and pressure.
If there isn't, then the arms don't spin.

Glasses sparkling is normally down to the tablet/powder being used.
Have you changed tablets?

I asked if it was really hot inside at the end of the wash, was it?

Have you ran a dishwasher cleaner?
Did you clean the spray arms out? was there debris in them?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is very hot at the end of the cycle, I would leave the dishes in the machine for about an hour after it finishes as they are pretty hot. I didnt find any debris in the arms and its been a good while since we ran a cleaner through it-I will get one tomorrow and try it, havent changed tablets and salt compartment full and also rinse compartment full

I will try the cleaner tomorrow. Will I let you know how I get on ?

Do you have any other suggestions for me to try-besides replacing

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
If you are using all in one tablets, stop using rinse aid, keep using salt though.

Run the cleaner through it and see if it improves.

Yes, post here again when you've done this and we'll see if there's any improvement.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You're welcome.
Just post when you can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Fred,

I have run cleanr through the machine and its no different.Dishes still dirty?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Unfortunately it's not making logical sense.

If the arms are turning, there has to be sufficient water pressure and flow to do this.
This means the water is being sprayed around.

So, if it's heating and spraying then there's no reason for the dishes not to be washed.

Everything cannot possibly be ok if it's not cleaning.
Check again, it's either not spraying water and turning the arms, or it's not heating.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any way to "fool" the door switch so that I could run the machine with the door open slightly to see the arms actually moving? They were in a different place when I tried it the 1st time but just to be sure,I also took the top arm off the basket and noticed a washer that seals the connection when the basket is pushed fully back into position-might this be worn and need replacing? There is no question regarding the temp of the water-its HOT

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
You would need to make a hoop of stiff wire to push into the lock (so you can unlock it again), just the same as the latch does.

If it is spraying, you will get water jetting out of the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

control panel pcb blew today, new dishwasher required now !

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry to hear that.

Good luck with the new machine