Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an LG Intellowasher washer/dryer, about 7 years old

Customer Question

I have an LG 'Intellowasher' washer/dryer, about 7 years old which has recently become very poor at drying, even with a small load.
The door does not get hot, as it used to, on the drying cycle, but it is warm to to the touch at the top only, indicating that some heat is being generated.
Is it possible that some form of thermal cutout is operating on the heater, maybe because of poor air circulation or similar? ( I had this problem years ago on another manufacturer's dryer).
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me complete model number of your Dryer ?

JACUSTOMER-9lf7gnln- :

I knew you were going to ask that.....however, I'm at work at the moment and don't have the machine in front of me. All I can tell you is it's a 7 kg wash/.3.5kg dry capacity., is that enough?

KevinWhiteJA :

:) I understand...the problem is with the thermostat which located near the heater assembly of the unit...you can test it for continuity, no continuity means that has to be replaced...if it tests fine then check the wiring from heating element to the control..if you are good with multimeter and if the thermostat tests fine then test the heating element as well

JACUSTOMER-9lf7gnln- :

OK, Kevin, I will try that, but it will not be today. Can I get back to you if that does not point me in the right direction?

JACUSTOMER-9lf7gnln- :

Pete

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure Pete.......you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-9lf7gnln- :

Great, thanks a lot. How do I contact you again? do you have a direct e-mail address I can use?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact me through same chat here

JACUSTOMER-9lf7gnln- :

OK, I'll let you know what I find in any case, Cheers!

KevinWhiteJA :

Cheers.....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)