Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Excell 3267gb FD 8409 701950. It will not rinse

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Excell 3267gb FD 8409 701950. It will not rinse or spin during normal programmes, only when moved into the rinse or spin position on the programmer. Can you suggest a solution please?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the full E-Nr number from the label in the door recess please?

Can you advise further on the fault?
What exactly happens when you set it to wash?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought I had already given you the number. When the machine is set to wash it goes through the whole programme, timer shows 1 minute left but it does not rinse or spin.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You have only posted a partial number.
I need the entire number.

If it goes through the whole program, it will have done a wash, 3 rinses and a spin.

If you can let me have the full E-nr number, I'll be able to look at the service documents for your machine.
.
When your machine stops, does it stop full or empty of water?
Do you get any flashing lights? (guessing here as I don't know the E-Nr number).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WFX3267GB /10 FD 8409 701950
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you also advise on the questions I asked of you?
I can't see the machine so I do need details from you so I can try and work out what's going on with the machine.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It. Doesn't appear to be full of water, but I have just moved the programme in to spin to drain out then on to rinse & spin to finish the wash. It does not take the fabric conditioner in on the normal wash.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, sorry but I have to go out now and I still need answers to the lights.
I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again, see if anyone else picks it up.

In the meantime, if you can post the answers to the questions asked, it may help them.

The 1 isn't 1 minute, it's likely error code 1 and should be accompanied by 2 lights being on or flashing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't appear to be a fault code the machine counts down the remaining minutes and stops at 1 minute. The machine carries on turning round slowly but doesn't continue on to the rinse and spin cycle. In order to finish the wash I have to turn it off at the socket and move the programme onto spin. There are not any lights illuminated.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, the fault symptoms are not making logical sense and it's not something I can remember having come across.

The nearest to it would be a heating fault, but this normally finishes the program.

If you set the machine to it's hottest wash, does it heat the water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry will have to check. It doesn't appear to be heating up on its current wash, but why would this stop it from fishing the wash cycle?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Normally, it doesn't, normally it would extend a wash to over 3 hours
.
check to see if it heats, let me know.

Thans
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have tried a hot programme and it did not heat up, I added extra water because I had not added any washing
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

You need to first of all check the heater (you need to have, and be able to use, a multimeter) to see if it's open circuit.
If it is, you need a new heater.

Check the wiring to the heater, I've had broken wiring at the heater.

Let me know what you find