KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My washing machine wm16s79cgb/23 is not working, have replaced

Customer Question

My washing machine wm16s79cgb/23 is not working, have replaced the brushes but cannot reset the error code f43, can you help
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the washer ?

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : About 4 years
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

To reset the error follow this procedure... set selector switch to off then turn the selector switch to the 6 o'clock (spin) position. Then press and hold the spin speed selector button whilst turning the selector switch one more click to the 7 o'clock (drain) position. Release spin button then turn selector to off.

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : Spin has a -and + which one?
JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : No working so far have tried this withno joy
KevinWhiteJA :

It should work... knob to off (12 o'clock), then down (6 o'clock), press and hold spin, round to 9 o'clock, wait 5 secs, release spin, knob to 12 o'clock. should be reset. If this is not working then check the wiring to and from control, motor...also check and make sure control is fine

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : Keep trying but not having any luck just won't reset, any ideas
KevinWhiteJA :

May be you can leave it unplugged for around 4 minutes, then plug it back and try again...if it won't work then check the wiring to and from control, motor...also check and make sure control is fine

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : Trying turning off
KevinWhiteJA :

ok sure....just remember, you are only meant to have the knob at 2 positions other than off and these are to hold the spin button and to release it.

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : Not happening!, just keeps on with f43, have tried pressing both spin buttons together and also tried pressing either one independently bit no avail
KevinWhiteJA :

well it usually works however, if it won't then as I said the wiring should be checked....if it is fine then either the motor or the control is bad and needs replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

Motor, wiring and/or main control board can all be at fault.

JACUSTOMER-nji45p05- : Ok thankd
KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges...

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Good or Excellent feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)