Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

Dishwasher model g1270 scvi Fault. F14. Whats wrong

Customer Question

Dishwasher model g1270 scvi Fault. F14. What's wrong
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Jon :

Jon :

My name is Jon and I am an authorized Miele service technician and I can help you today.

Jon :

The f14 error code is a rather common error for this model dishwasher.

Jon :

The f14 error or fault is for the heater pressure switch malfunction. Here is what you can do.

Jon :

The program is interrupted and the drain pump is operated. The display shows the message Technical fault code F14 - Call Service Dept. The buzzer is activated for 2 minutes. With the circulation pump operating after a water intake step, the heater pressure switch is checked to ensure that sufficient water pressure exists in the wash water circuit. For this the heater relay must have been activated.

Cause:
Heater pressure switch B1/13 defective.

Remedy:

1. Check the heater pressure switch.
2. Check the connection plug and wiring harness.
3. Replace the heater pressure switch, if necessary.

Cause:
Circulation pump inoperative. Circulation pressure too low (no pressure at heater pressure switch). Pump may be blocked by foreign objects.

Remedy:
1. Check the circulation pump for foreign objects.
2. Check the circulation pump capacitor.
3. Replace the circulation pump, if necessary.

Cause:
Foreign objects in heater pressure switch.

Remedy:
Replace the heater pressure switch.

Cause:
Flow meter B3/4 defective (incorrect water quantity registered).

Remedy:

1. Check that the plate with the reed switch on flow meter B3/4 is seated correctly.
2. Check that the reed switch connection plug is seated correctly.
3. Replace the reed switch, if necessary.
4. Check the control lead from the electronic to flow meter B3/4.
5. Remove the water inlet mixer and replace if necessary.

Cause:
Circulation pump defective.

Remedy:

1. Check the circulation pump power supply.
3. Replace the circulation pump.

Cause:
Circulation pump winding overheated; winding protection has cut out.

Remedy:
Replace the circulation pump.

Cause:
After a water intake step, heater pressure switch B1/13 has not opened switching steps 11–12 and 21–22. This starts the anti-stiction routine.

Remedy:
Replace the heater pressure switch.

Cause:
Motor capacitor defective.

Remedy:
Check the motor capacitor and replace it if necessary.

Cause:
Contacts on heater pressure switch B1/13 short-circuited. Contamination on the plug of the heater wiring harness and a conductive connection between the plugs and the main harness causes a short circuit to the contacts.

Remedy:

1. Replace the heater wiring harness.
2. Replace heater pressure switch B1/13.
3. Reconnect the two individual plugs from the main harness (AMP 6.3 x 0.8) and apply new insulation sleeves.Do not interchange the plugs.

Jon :

Now that was a lot of information for you to take in I know. So please just get back to me here if you have any questions at a later time or if you cant follow the steps above.

Jon :

So please go to the cause that is happening in your machine then try the remedies to see if that will fix the cause. If not, again, get back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :

To get to the direct point of what is wrong with your machine you could just tell me at what point in the cycle you are getting the error code in?

Jon :

Just get back to me here and I will help you more. Or if you feel that the steps above have guided you through it sufficiently then please remember to rate my performance positively with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after rating me please just get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.