Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

\Hello, my aeg lavamat, tumble dryer door will not open after

Customer Question

\Hello, my aeg lavamat, tumble dryer door will not open after a drying cycle was complete, is this a fixible problem anf if so how could \i go about it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Unplug the appliance.
Take the top of the machine off.
.
You should find the cable attached to the button, running down to the lock.
Has it snapped?, come off?

Can you post the product number of the appliance please?
It's on the label in the door recess and begins with 9.
Prefix the number with A so it's not crossed out when posted.

eg A91441941 00

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only number I see is A 010651

the dryer is built in so it will be a long job to get it pulled out and screw the top off

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if the label in the door recess doesn't have the number you'll get it from the rear of the machine once you take it out.

It has to come out, it cannot be repaired in place.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will have to come back in a few days then, when I get it out and the top screwed off

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem, just post when you can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

I have checked the back of the dryer and there is no number on it.

The only number is on the front behind the door

Either A010651 or A106 010651

I have taken the top off and it looks to me that door open button when pressed operates a little plastic arm which in turn moves a longer metal arm which finally ends up pushing the plastic door catch back to let the door open. The little white plastic arm which should be attached to the door open switch has become detached. I am not sure how this should be re attached.

The system seems to be mechanical not electrical

does this help you to advise me

please reply to [email protected]

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
I know the system is mechanical.
What I'm trying to find out is whether there's only 1 or 2 locks on the machine.
If there are 2 you simply swap them over.

Unfortunately, you aren't posting a product number.

If there's no labels on the machine then you won't be able to obtain spare parts easily.

Is there a model number on the machine?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

All I can find out is it is an AEG Lavatherm 550K, type 202, another number I see is XXXXXXXXX

There are 2 door catches, one not in use as door hung to one side, but the open system at present makes both little door catches move

It seem to me something is wrong with where the door open switch is connecting to those metal levers. it is not staying in place

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I don't follow what you mean about metal levers not staying in place.

When you press the button does it open the spare lock?
Is the cable detached from anything or is it all attached?

Whatever number you posted was crossed out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The number is A607618906

The metal arms are not detached

If the door open switched was working normally it would operate both door catches at the same time

As it is the is a small plastic arm attached to the door open switch which in normal operation moves the metal arms. This is attached to the metal arms by a metal "rivet". The other end of this plastic arm drops down and becomes detached from the door open switch box.

There are no cables involved that I see

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I don't recognise what you are describing.
In the absence of a model number or a product number, I'll have to opt out of the question

Every AEG dryer I've worked on has had 2 cables going down to the locks.

Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well thank you for answering me.

I will not obviously be charged for this

regards

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I've nothing to do with any charges or your account.
You need to speak to customer services regarding your deposit.