KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have a smeg dishwasher and it is with the 5 LED the machine

Customer Question

i have a smeg dishwasher and it is with the 5 LED the machine starts and then stops after about 3 minutes and the first LED and fifth led are both illuminated solid ( no flashing)
Can you advise please
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the unit and please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-mkeoyaky- :

Unfortunately im not at home presently to get model number however the dishwasher was bought in 2001. It is the one with 5 LED and the first one is the rinse i believe and the fifth is pans? both lights are solid and not flashing.

KevinWhiteJA :

Usually first LED should flash and the 5th one is solid...what you should do is...if the unit is integrated, then take it out and clean the drain pump assembly located at the bottom of the unit....after it is clean you have to take the bottom and side panels out and make sure everything is clean there and dried up....after this plug the machine back and let me know how it goes