Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my hotpoint aqualtis AQXXF 149PM, starts washing, when it gets

Customer Question

my hotpoint aqualtis AQXXF 149PM, starts washing, when it gets to spins/rinse, F8 & all lights flash, would welcome any help,
thanks Bob
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi Bob

KevinWhiteJA :

Welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-g084mr4e- :

not sure, 3-4 years

KevinWhiteJA :

ok...F8 error means heater relay cannot be activated...check the connections to the heater and to the control board

KevinWhiteJA :

was there a power outage ?

KevinWhiteJA :

seems like you are not here...anyways What you have to do is unplug the unit and then take the washer out and then take its rear off...check the wiring to the heater and then check the wiring from the heater to the control....disconnect and reconnect the wires...Give the relays a tap on the pcb as it could be stuck....after this is done plug it back and check if the problem is solved...if the problem is not solved then you will have to test the heater and main board, and replace the part that is bad