Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a slimline indesit dishwasher. The water comes into

Customer Question

I have a slimline indesit dishwasher. The water comes into the machine as if it to start going but then the cycle doesn't start. After a while the start button and selected cycle button flash continuously. When I stop the cycle the water drains away. Anybody have a solution to this problem?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : It's two years old. Can't see a model number, if it's on the back we don't stand much of a chance as it's all tied into the kitchen units! DIS 04? Just found it! Dws dea 602 s. XXXXXXXXXXX
KevinWhiteJA :

the model number starts with E-nr

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : XXXXXXXXXXX Dws dea602 s
JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Can't see that anywhere
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...so basically it fills with water then just sits and won't start the cycle...if you try to skip or stop the cycle it will just drain the water...is that right ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Yes
KevinWhiteJA :

Have you already tried to clean the drain pump assembly ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Are you still there
KevinWhiteJA :

yes

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : No
KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

can you please do that

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : No
KevinWhiteJA :

oh ?

KevinWhiteJA :

anyways, the water drains fine ?

KevinWhiteJA :

do you see any error code displayed?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Sorry, the last no was in relation to the previous question! Have cleaned it and all is well and yes, it does drain
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

any error code displayed ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : There is no where for error codes to be dispkaued
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, I still don't have the model number so that was the reason was asking...

KevinWhiteJA :

which selected cycle button is flashing...does it have heavy wash...normal wash...rapid wash....soak wash ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Ok shall I just contact a local engineer to come out?
JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : It has symbols. One is normal wash one is saucepan wash one is rinse and one is eco
KevinWhiteJA :

ok and does any of these flash ?

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : When I start any cycle, after a while, the selected program and start button flash
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...basically you have to pull it out and then clean the drain pump assembly to make sure there is no water...after this is done just take the rear panel out and make sure everything is dried in there...there is a flood protection system that activates which then sends signal to the control that it is either not filling or not draining so it stops....if the problem returns after this is done...then you will have to check the wiring from the control to the drain pump unit..if all is good and still it wont advance to next cycle then you will have to replace the control

JACUSTOMER-kw6ooncp- : Ok, sounds time consuming so will do it after work later. Thanks for your tine
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance...Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Have a Good Day