Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have had a new door seal delivered to my home for fridge

Customer Question

I have had a new door seal delivered to my home for fridge PN 923 415 192 but there are no instructions on how to replace the old one. Can you help please.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi here is a video that shows generically how to do this.
This link is long but you need to copy and paste it into your browsers address bar and simply press enter, that should bring you to that video, please let me know if it works for you by rating well:-)
If not please dont rate yet and reply to me. Here is the link:
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AuN.VvzkvuXRIMD4KDALjb6bvZx4?p=+Electrolux+refrigerator+how+to+replace+the+door+seal&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm afraid it's about as much good as a chocolate fire guard! Lots of videos on you tube that I have already seen but nothing on electrolux built in fridge which is why I came to you guys.

There seems to be nothing on the Electrolux website either.

Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi lol Dave its pretty easy, on that ,model check this open the door Instructions 1 Open the freezer door. 2 Peel the seal away from the door to expose the screws below the seal. 3 Loosen each screw around the perimeter of the entire door but do not remove the screws. 4 Pull the gasket off the door and discard. 5 Hold the new gasket up to the door to ensure that it is properly oriented. 6 Insert the rear lip of the gasket into the slot between the door and door liner around the perimeter of the door. Continue until the entire gasket is installed on the door. 7 Peel the gasket away from the door gently and tighten each screw to secure the gasket in place. That should do it, I have done many of these. Please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Michael, sorry but there are no screws? I have managed to peel the old one off! I think someone had used some kind of adhesive to stick it on? It slips over the internal part of the door nicely! Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome, that would be the fist time I saw that.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael