KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Siemens dishwasher model SE64A630GB/44. It became

Customer Question

I have a Siemens dishwasher model SE64A630GB/44. It became stuck at the end of its cycle, with the drain pump running continously, I could here a sucking noise. It had drained so the outlet behind the built-in unit must be OK. It would not reset and every time I turned it back on it was still running and I could not get it restart on another programme.
I have fitted a new control unit and when I switched it on the pump had stopped running, so I thought I'd fixed it. However at the end of the cycle it had the same fault and again I cannot reset it.
Can you tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?
Many thanks!
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the dishwasher ?

JACUSTOMER-a0kl315g- :

about 12 years I think

KevinWhiteJA :

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

do you see any blinking lights as well ?

JACUSTOMER-a0kl315g- :

No, the lights are as noraml. When I try reseting it, the 'End' light comes on too but the pump keeps running

KevinWhiteJA :

The drain pump runs continuously when the antiflood switch located at the bottom of the unit detects a leak..something is leaking and so the water is in the base of the unit......you will have to pull the dishwasher out and tilt it backwards.....this willallow the water to drain out from the bottom. Make sure to keep towel for this part.....Once the water is out the antiflood swicth will reset itself and the dishwasher should start to work ok from there......If it is built in then you need to remove the wooden kickboard along the kitchen and then remove the metal/plastic cover at the bottom below the door. From there you can use a sponge and soak the water up from the base.

KevinWhiteJA :

After this is done plug it back and then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes. If it does it again then there's a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure the fault.

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes