KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

HOTPOINT SHS53X FAN ASSISTED OVEN STARTS UP FINE, ELEMENTS

Customer Question

HOTPOINT SHS53X FAN ASSISTED OVEN STARTS UP FINE, ELEMENTS WORKING AND FAN GOING, GET HOT AND TURNS ITSELF OFF, STILL GOT POWER TO COOLING FAN BUT NOTHING ON DIGITAL DISPLAY OR ANYTHING ELSE WHEN MOVING CONTROLS.         DISPLAY TURNS BACK ON APPARENTLY AFTER IT HAS COOLED FOR SOME TIME.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

18 months old

KevinWhiteJA :

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

after how many minutes/seconds it turns off ?

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

approx 10 mins, this is using both the fan and elements and just the elements

KevinWhiteJA :

ok and after it has cooled down it turns back on and everything else works again for 10 mins and then same thing...right ?

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

ok....you will have to test the thermostat for continuity...it seems that it overheats and then cuts off and so nothing will work

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

i will test it asap and advise.

KevinWhiteJA :

if you are willing to do it yourself....please check this Video ....it will help you in testing the thermostat

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

in this model...there are two thermostats...so if one is fine you will have to check the other one for continuity...also check the wiring from the thermostats to the control

JACUSTOMER-jy54427x- :

ok, thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance...Have a Good Day