KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi. I have a creda Simplicity 1000 W100FW in a property which

Hi. I have a creda Simplicity 1000 W100FW in a property which has stopped working. The fuse is working, when you turn the washing machine on the light comes on but nothing fro the machine at all. Broke down in the middle of a recent wash. Any ideas where to start/part to replace? Thanks.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this washer ?

Customer:

its about 3/4 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK...have you tried to clean the drain pump filter assembly located inside the bottom front of the unit ?

Customer:

no. it is in a rental property. i will have to get the tenants to do the testing.

KevinWhiteJA :

oh ok....just tell them to clean the drain pump filter assembly located at the bottom front of the unit...after it is done & the water drains fine and if the problem is still there...then check if the door is closing properly...if yes then check the wiring harness from the control to other parts...if everything else seems fine then the last thing will be the control

Customer:

what do you mean by the 'control'

KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the timer control for the washer

Customer:

where do i find it in the machine?

KevinWhiteJA :

it is located inside the fascia however, I don't think the problem is with the control....the issue usually gets solved after the drain pump is cleaned...just tell them to run a spin cycle after they have cleaned the drain pump...and check if that is working fine

Customer:

ok so you think the drain pump problem is stopping the drum and any of the cycles from working?

KevinWhiteJA :

if the water is still sitting in there then yes it won't work

Customer:

hello

Customer:

how do i save this text and can i come back to the website later and rate your suggestions when they have been tried?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can always get back to me here if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.

Customer:

ok thats great. Do i need to use my reference number to get back to you once logged in?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes or I believe you will receive an email after you end this session and accept it

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

no thats it thanks. will be back to rate your service once we have tried your suggestions. Thanks.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK no problem...Thanks

Customer:

Hi. Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you but I've been waiting for more information as to exactly what the problems are with the washing machine before getting back in touch. This is the email I have just received from the tenants. "I have tried it myself without putting anything inside and it worked for a full program, which made me a bit angry thinking that my flatmates were doing something wrong and I have bothered you for nothing. But I have tried afterwards with the small simple kitchen towels, it took water but stopped a bit after that and didn't want to react at anything but spinning. I let it rest, tried again the next day when it didn't even take water. There is nothing wrong with the water supply, but there is obviously something wrong with the washing machine and my flatmates were not wrong telling me a different thing every day. I have tried everything possible and it is not working."

Customer:

Can I have some more advice to take back to the tenants. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I still need help with my original question. I also have additional info having been to look at the washing machine.

Sorry about the delay in replying...unfortunately I was unable to reply to your question as it is closed if you do not reply within 7 days of the answer, I am able to post back now as the question has been relisted....as said earlier, you will have to pull it out and then clean the drain pump assembly completely..also tilt it 45 degrees so that if there is any water sitting inside it drains off completely...after this is done the problem should be solved...please let me know how it goes.

Kevin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cleaned the drain pump at the bottom and replaced the hose to the motor.

Ok and the same problem is still there ? Lights will come on but it won't start at all ? What about the door, is it closing properly ? Will it fill with water ? if it works for few minutes and then stops, does the motor run during that time...Please let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After cleaning out the hose I put the machine on a short spin as you originally recommended. Water does come into the drum and it also drains out now but at no time does the drum spin and there is also lots of noise from the machine as it goes through the cycle. Doesn't sound healthy inside.

OK, where is that noise coming from ? Is it coming from the motor or from the drum itself ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Difficult to say as I didn't want to get too close. Had the lid off and there was no obvious damage/ware to the drum or pump.

Lot of Noise can be caused by either a worn out/broken belt or the bearing itself that is bad and will need replacement...new belt will cost around £12...while bearing kit will cost around £25...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Excellent feedback is appreciated...Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a look at the belt at the back of the drum and it looked good. No tears or bits hanging off. Can you recommend somewhere to buy the bearing kit online and is it a DIY job or best to get someone in? Thanks.

The Drum needs to come off to replace the bearing...not a recommended DIY...the bearing kit can be bought from here:

http://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo422051pt1553/washing-machines/bearings/creda/w100fw