Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

beko washing machine will not spin or drain

Customer Question

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

wmd261w

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks...how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

12months

KevinWhiteJA :

ok....have you tried to clean the drain pump filter located at the bottom front of the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, can you pull it out to clean the drain pump

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, you will have to make sure that nothing is clogged anywhere...check the drain hose and also make sure nothing is clogging the drain pump....before you pull it out just unplug it and take the filter out again and look at the back of the pump. There you will see the pump impeller X shape. Make sure the washer is unplugged and then put your fingers in and feel if theres something stuck at the back. The impeller should ping round. But sometimes get jammed up.

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

where is the drain pump situatedf

KevinWhiteJA :

at the back, bottom right hand side however, just try to access it after you have removed the filter

KevinWhiteJA :

please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

sorry am a pensioner struggling to get machine out

KevinWhiteJA :

Please check this Video ....it might help you

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

sorry unable to complete this task?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get help from someone and try to clean the drain pump assembly....the washer is just 12 months old so I don't think some part is bad...I mean just cleaning the drain pump unit should solve the problem

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

sorry unable to complete task Iwould like to close know please

KevinWhiteJA :

OK...as said if you can get it clean with help of someone the problem should be solved....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

no thank you

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

only because I could not complete the task sorry?

KevinWhiteJA :

Is that my fault ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry but I am still trying to help you here

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

no

KevinWhiteJA :

Sir, I cannot come there and help you unfortunately

KevinWhiteJA :

If you do not want to pull it out then how can you solve the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

I said you can check the drain hose for any clogs then you can unplug it and take the drain pump filter out again and then look at the back of the pump. There you will see the pump impeller X shape.

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you done this ?

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

I am not strong enough to do this

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you get someone who can help you ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Use warm water and then pour it inside the drain pump so that clogs are removed

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

nobody about to help us

KevinWhiteJA :

5:22 PM

Have you done this ?

KevinWhiteJA :

??

JACUSTOMER-7iwpu81r- :

sorry have got to close now goodbye

KevinWhiteJA :

Great but why to give a feedback that is not justified ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied as I will not be paid for a Poor Service...Thank You

KevinWhiteJA :

Again ? Do you want any help ?