KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

whirlpool dwf a10 dishwasher will not start cycle and green

Customer Question

whirlpool dwf a10 dishwasher will not start cycle and green light flashes 6 time
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : about 7 years never a problem till now cycle will not start and when press start/stop button ie reset water in bottom drains ok drain hose is not blocked and filters in bottom of machine are clean error light flashes 6 times
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...if it flashes 6 times it means that the control detects no water coming in the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to take it out and make sure that the inlet hose and inlet valve is clean

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : sorry have to take what out
KevinWhiteJA :

This error is cause either due to a bad/clogged Water inlet valve/hose....if both of them are clean then it can be due to defective flow meter

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean if it is not freestanding then pull it out

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : ok i can pull the unit out from under the bench then will check/clean inlet hose and valve ? can you tell me where this is on machine
KevinWhiteJA :

Follow the inlet hose to the unit to locate the inlet valve...after both of them are clean try to run a cycle and check if it fills with water, if yes then how is the water pressure...if everything is fine then make sure there is no leakage in the drain pump assembly...

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : ok will try that now
KevinWhiteJA :

sure please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : inlet valave has small mesh filter this is clean and not blocked inlet hose is also clean and not blocked
KevinWhiteJA :

ok...run the cycle and check the flow of water

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : water pressure is ok start of cycle machine fills with water then cycle stops and nothing happens green light flashes 6 time
KevinWhiteJA :

ok so it fills for around 30 seconds and then the error light comes on ?

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : yes have just removed panel at front boo
KevinWhiteJA :

it seems problem is the machine is not filling in time allowed

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : sorry front bottom of machine behind kick board and can see water at base of large cylinder shaped white part is this drain pump ?
KevinWhiteJA :

just try to clean the drain pump assembly and make sure that area is all dried up

KevinWhiteJA :

You can tilt the appliance back sufficiently so that water can drain out from the base plate.....Put a towel on the floor at the rear so as to soak up the excess water.....After this is done check the float switch. When the switch is activated it pulls the drain pump on or it will just flash this error code. Now that you have cleared the water ensure the float switch has not stuck.....Operate the switch to make sure it is working.....after this is done and you are sure that everything is dried up just plug it back and then press & hold the start button for around 20 seconds to reset the error code

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : where is the float switch
KevinWhiteJA :

at the bottom of the unit, it is located near the drain pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

you can lay it upside down

KevinWhiteJA :

and make sure that everything is dried up

KevinWhiteJA :

near the float switch

JACUSTOMER-kjf5nvwj- : will try this and get back
KevinWhiteJA :

ok