Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322
Appliance

Beko bdvc563aw main oven not heating

Techdesk, Service Engineer
replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
When you try using the oven, does the fan inside run?
Does the temperature indicator on the front come on?
How old is the appliance?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Yes the fan is working the light indicator works it just doesn't heat up.

Cheere

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Ps 7 months old

Techdesk, Service Engineer replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.
7 months old is a bit early for an element failure but the symptoms do fit.

You should get Beko out to repair it as it will still be under warranty and, if you try to repair it yourself, you'll invalidate the warranty.

However, if you want to repair it yourself, then the most likely fault is the circular element has failed.
It can be broken or disconnected wiring, but these are less likely.
It's not likely to be the thermostat that has come adrift but, I have had this wehre the oven would only heat up a little.

I'm advising on the most common cause of the problem you have.

.

Isolate the power to the appliance. Disconnect it from the electrical supply

The method of changing will depend on the element fitted at the time of manufacture.

There are 2 types, one is held from the front by screws, the other is held from the rear by nuts.

If the interior light is on the rear panel, take the light glass off first.

.

Take the rear panel inside the oven out.

This will reveal the element and the fan.

Take the screws holding the element in place out.

Bring the element and the wiring into the oven cavity.

(Be careful not to pull the wires off as you manouver the element into the cavity, if you do, you'll need to take the oven out, rear panel off to be able to retrieve the wires. Don't try the machine if you have lost a wire, retrieve it first).

.

If the element is not obviously blown, you need to test it with a multimeter to see if it's open circuit.

.

Swap the wiring on to the new element. (Don't lose the wires into the back or you'll need to take the appliance out and remove the panels to retrieve them).

Fit the element in place and replace the cover.

Turn the power back on and set the clock.

Try the oven again.

.

If there are no screws holding the element in place, take the cooker out and take the rear cover off.

You can now access the wiring and the nuts holding the element in place.

.

If the element tests ok, let me know.
.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant ill get beko out as suggested thank you so much and to get back to me late on a Sunday very much appreciated

Hiya,
You're very welcome.

Good luck with the repair.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the answer I provided.
It's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.