Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine when stopped for a while

Customer Question

Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine when stopped for a while water leaks back into the drum
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is your washer?
Are you saying when the machine is OFF, water still enters the machine?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

machine is switched off and empty-water runs back into the machine-the machine is about 7 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jim, are you sure its coming from the drain?
If it is, then the water pump needs to be replaced, there is a check valve in there that is supposed to prevent that from happening.
The other possible cause would be if one of the water inlet solenoids were failing and not completely closing, this would allow for water to constantly fill the unit at a slow pace.
In either case I will help you fix the problem but Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Jim.
Tech Michael