Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA850E and for some reason the base

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TGA850E and for some reason the base and both handsets have stopped ringing can you help
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

about 4yrs old I would think

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you please elaborate your problem? Stopped ringing ?

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

when someone makes a call to it it doesnt ring nor the base but it goes straight through to answer phone yet you can ring out ok

KevinWhiteJA :

Unplug the base unit’s AC adapter to reset the unit and turn off the handset. Reconnect the adapter, turn the handset back on and then
the handset and try again. If the problem is still there check if the night mode is not turned on

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

it didnt work

KevinWhiteJA :

ok then take the phone off its cradle....wait for few seconds, for the phone screen to light up....then Press the "Volume Up" key until you see the words "Ringer On" on the phone screen. This will indicate that the ringer has been enabled.

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

when you take the phone from its cradle it goes dark and stays dark

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

seems like the problem is with the battery of the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

are you typing something ?

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

typing something??

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean it says here Customer is: TYPING

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

there is no battery in the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

so I keep on waiting before you answer

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

i am trying to sort this out at the same time

KevinWhiteJA :

the unit uses HHR-4DPA or HHR-4MRT rechargeable batteries

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

isnt there a factory reset on it

KevinWhiteJA :

This is the Manual for your Panasonic KX-TGA850E for future reference

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

its the wrong manual number for the phone

KevinWhiteJA :

if you take the battery out it resets the phone

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

i've done that to both handsets

KevinWhiteJA :

This is the correct Manual

KevinWhiteJA :

usually it resets after you take the battery out and insert it back again after few minutes

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

thank

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

thats the one

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

if the problem is not solved even after removing the battery and installing it back after few minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

then you will have to replace the battery or get this unit serviced

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-bk2mi3aq- :

is that the full manual i have

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes

KevinWhiteJA :

there is only one way to do a factory reset...disconnect the main base unit from the power supply and the telephone line, after this is done remove the batteries from all of the handsets for approximately 1 hour and then reconnect to check

KevinWhiteJA :