KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

The grill will not switch on (either in full or half grill

Customer Question

The grill will not switch on (either in full or half grill mode) but the element works fine when the oven is switched on. What is the problem?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

bought on 28 march 2010

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, can you please elaborate your problem...it is unclear which part is working and which part is not working

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

ok the element in the grill/top oven is working but only when you use the top oven - as far as I am aware the grill and top oven use the same element - but it does not work when you switch on the grill

KevinWhiteJA :

ok so basically the element is on but it wont heat at all ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and do you hear fan running ?

KevinWhiteJA :

or are we talking about the top most part where the burners are located ?

KevinWhiteJA :

are we still connected ?

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

Sorry got side tracked. The element is heating up and the fan working in top oven mode but in grill mode nothing happens no fan on or element heating up

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

there is another element which I believe is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

Check the parts here for your cannon c60dpx

KevinWhiteJA :

Parts

KevinWhiteJA :

if the oven element is working fine however, grill is not fine then I believe that part is bad and should be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

usually these parts come with 3 to 5 years of warranty so it will be better to contact the manufacturer

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

The part you sent a link to looks to me like the part that is working and that is the top oven not the grill - I am confused!

KevinWhiteJA :

I sent these parts ...please check them again

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

ok I can now see four parts but which part do I need and how do I replace it?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, how good are your DIY skills ?

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean...can you test some parts with a multimeter

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

my DIY skills are ok but I don't own a multimeter so the answer is no

KevinWhiteJA :

OK...check this Video ...if you want to replace it yourself...it might help you...I believe this is the part that will need replacement ...if you do not want to do it yourself, it will cost £25 + replacement

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

look I'm sorry I got into this but we don't seem to be going anywhere - the video is nothing like my oven - and I going to call it a day

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes it was just to give you an idea in case you want to do it yourself

KevinWhiteJA :

anyways as everything else seems to be working fine and it is not working only on the Grill mode then that is the part you will have to replace

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

No and I'm sorry but you really have not helped.

KevinWhiteJA :

do you want to replace it yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

yes that was the reason I use this service because I wanted instructions on how to replace the grill element for a cannon C60DPX

JACUSTOMER-7nu7y03q- :

my screen is telling me you have not finished answering my question - when will you finish??