Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Beko Aclass Fridge The contents at the top of the fridge are

Customer Question

Beko Aclass Fridge
The contents at the top of the fridge are not cold.
The rest of the fridge appears to be working properly ie the contents are cold
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the model number of the fridge please?
It should be on a label inside the fridge.

Is there ice forming on the rear wall?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model: TLD A52 1N1

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
as previous

Is there ice forming on the rear wall?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes There are bubbles of ice on the rear wall

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
Are they all over the rear panel or do they stop at a certain level?

At the bottom rear is the compressor, a black pot shaped item.
Is this running all the time?
Is it very hot?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are all over the rear panel.I'll have to let you know later re the compressor.The fridge is pretty full + I'll have to leave to tomorrow.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Do you have a fridge thermometer?
If the ice droplets are all over you should have fairly even cooling.

Check the temperature at the top and at the bottom.
Let me know what you find (if you can).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said I'll check the compressor tomorrow.

I havn't got a thermometer but it is cold in the fridge except for the area round the top shelf

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, I know what you said about the compressor.

The fault is rather strange if there's ice all over the rear panel.
I would have expected it to stop short of the top shelf.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You.There are bubbles of ice all over the rear panel.I'll get back to you tomorrow

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We've just pulled the fridge out the compressor is hot

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

It's a puzzler. As I said previously, I would have expected there to be no ice at the top shelf level.
As there is ice, it's suggesting the machine is working as it should.

Listen to the compressor, see if it switches off and on to maintain temperature.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've been listening for about 3 minutes and it has been running all the time.Is this long enough?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You need to listen to it for around 1/2 an hour.

Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've been down again to listen and it is now 'off'.

So the answer is the compressor is switching on & off.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Your machine is doing everything it should be doing so why the top is warm is a mystery.

If the shelf is packed with items then it may be a problem with air circulation.

How full is the shelf?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Initially there were several cans of lager on the top shelf.

They were all warm. Everything every where else was cold

Took everything out of the top shelf and left one can on it's own until the next day and it was still warm after 24 hours.

Everything every where else was cold.

That is where I am now.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, you'll need someone in to diagnose this.

I think there's a system blockage preventing the top cooling, but, the fact there's ice there negates this.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again

Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Regarding your comment 'I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again' Does this mean 'just answer' are still looking for a solution to this problem or have you given up?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
If anyone can figure out, remotely, why a machine that appears to be doing all it should be doing isn't cooling on one shelf, they'll pick up the question and contact you.

Unfortunately, as I stated previously, I think you'll need someone in to diagnose the fault for you.

I'll opt out again.
If you post, you'll lock the question to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You.I now understand

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Don't post.
You've locked the question to me again.

I'll opt out again
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Let me see if I can help you here.
Is there any heavy ice in the freezer on the rear wall?
Also does the fan in the freezer sound normal?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no heavy ice on the rear wall. I don't understand question re 'does the fan in the freezer sound normal' There is no freezer in this fridge!.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The reason for contacting in the first place was because I had never come across this problem before. If you could continue to search for another engineer it would be appreciated. If a solution is then not forthcoming I reckon you should give up and I will continue to use the fridge minus the top shelf. Thank you

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You