Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have fitted a new module to a Hotpoint AQGL 129 pm uk front

Customer Question

I have fitted a new module to a Hotpoint AQGL 129 pm uk front loading washing machine after water damage made this board blow. Now after fitting this new part ordered directly from Hotpoint my washing machine still does not work. After switching on mains power after about 5 seconds the no heat & 50 degree light illuminates and programme indication light flash quite quickly. Do I still need to contact an engineer for re-programming?
Please advise, Kind regards, Brian
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Is this the board at the bottom rear of the machine?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, I see you've read my question but for some reason there's no response coming through on it.

If it's the main board that was replaced, I'm afraid that it's blank and will need programming to the machine.

You either need an engineer to visit and program it or, you can purchase (at great expense) a smart card reader and a smart card with the program on it.

Sorry, not the news you want to hear.

If you can return the board, I would suggest returning it.
Hotpoint will supply, fit and program the board for around £120

An alternative is to check www.emwelec.co.uk
They may have a refurbished board to fit your machine or, they may be able to repair your own board.

Check it out, see how you get on and get back to me if you need more help.

Hope this helps