Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a glow worm fuel saver mk11 which is sited in my loft

Customer Question

I have a glow worm fuel saver mk11 which is sited in my loft every now and again it boils over and goes in to the header tank we have to shut the system down for a few hours and its fine for a few days and then it starts again. When we turn the heating on again we get air from the rads. Any ideas ? Please.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Hi the air is a normal occurrence when this happens.
There is whats called an aquastat on the boiler it will possibly need to be replaced, but you may be able to try to adjust the temp down a bit. Its impossible to say where that is located as they can put that part anywhere during installation.
But look for a cover on a part usually near the controls on the boiler.
You are looking for a part that has a temp scale and a part you could turn down, (if yours is so equipped).
Some are not adjustable and are pre set at the factory.
I will stick with you on this til we have this sorted out.
You can also look to see if it is leaking from a pressure relief valve;-)
But Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael