KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have a 5 ring induction hob (almost 5 years old)......two

Customer Question

i have a 5 ring induction hob (almost 5 years old)......two of the rings are flashing "-"....and it is completley locked/not working on any of the other rings....so can't use it at all

i have switched it off to try to clear/reset but this hasn't worked

please help
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

on the top left corner it has...900030882....it is a black 5 ring (all round with large in the middle) circa 5 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there a number starting with E-nr ?

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

no...i think it might be the model EH975SK11E

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, thanks...Try and press and hold the padlock symbol for several seconds and see if this takes the lock off

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

on this model there is no padlock symbol....there is a hand cleaning system which i think also locks it...but no this doesn't stop the 2 "-" flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

Press and hold the main switch for around 10 seconds and let me know if this turns off the lock

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

no ...still locked and flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

OK..please tell me its complete model number...it should be EH975SK11E/01 or EH975SK11E/03 or something similar after /

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

sorry i can't find the manuals or order invoice as they were put into a new house...it is 5 years old....do you want me to send you a picture?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok no problem...please follow this procedure

KevinWhiteJA :

Unplug it from the mains and after 2-3 minutes plug it back again then switch on the hob using the main switch...after this turn the hotplates to heat setting 2 and then switch them off individually working from right to left...then press and hold the main switch for around 10 seconds until a signal sounds...the lock should turn off

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

no...as soon as you switch the power back on the two"-" come on flashing and everything is locked

KevinWhiteJA :

and nothing happens if you hold the on/off switch

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

nothing happens

KevinWhiteJA :

do you hear a beep sound as well with the "-" flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

no just the flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem seems to be with its control usually this part is covered under 3 to 5 years of warranty...you can either get this checked by Siemens or by a local repair center...how good are your DIY skills ? are you willing to carry out this repair yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-nq0y63w5- :

no to my diy skills...could you put me in touch with a local repair person/siemens.... as quite urgent....i live near Uckfield (East Sussex ...postcode TN22)

KevinWhiteJA :

If it needs new electronics then the most cost effective repair would be to get a quote from www.repaircare.co.uk ....Their price includes all parts and labour....you can also call Siemens at 0844 892 8999 to book a repair

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?