KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an iQ 700 and it never cleans the dishes properly, there

Customer Question

I have an iQ 700 and it never cleans the dishes properly, there is always bits of food dried on the dishes at the end of the wash.I've cleaned both the arms that spay the water and checked that there is enough salt and rinse aid in the machine. I also find that sometimes the cleaning tablet gets stuck in the middle basket. If you can help in anyway I would be grateful.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Sn26t295GB/32
JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : just over a year old
KevinWhiteJA :

and it drains fine ?

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Yes
JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : I'm just going into a meeting can I come back to you a bit later if that's ok
KevinWhiteJA :

OK sure

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Thanks I
KevinWhiteJA :

Just post a message here when you are back...Thanks

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Hi I'm back now
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...have you tried to clean the water inlet valve and hose ?

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : No but I can see water is getting into the machine
JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Where about is the valve at the machine end or the sink end ?
KevinWhiteJA :

Follow the inlet hose, the valve is located where the hose will attach to the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

also pull the unit out and try to clean the drain pump/filter assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

sometimes the water remains in the base

KevinWhiteJA :

and this will activate the pressure switch and so the spray arms wont spray the water as they should do

KevinWhiteJA :

if the unit is not too old then you can also get this done under warranty as these units come with 2-3 years of warranty service

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Hi Jevon ok I've turned of the machine and took the filter out and clicked off the the piece that covers the fan- there was
JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Sorry there was some water sitting at the bottom and sponged that out and poured a fresh glass of water down and it does seem a but smelly?
KevinWhiteJA :

Yeah, check for any possible leaks and tilt your dishwasher to 45 degrees so that all remaining water comes out

JACUSTOMER-7tteb47r- : Ok I can't manage that by myself so will have to wait until my partner gets home and will try then. I'll come back to you when we've done it.
KevinWhiteJA :

Sure thanks