Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have an Electrolux ern34800 fridge. There is water collecting

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux ern34800 fridge. There is water collecting underneath it. The inside of the fridge is dry.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so the water is coming from under the fridge is it?

How old is it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes under the fridge. fridge is about 4 years old

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the water is coming from under the appliance then it will be from the drip tray at the back.

Now theres been loads of problems with these leaking from the back. What they have done is made a bigger drip tray and an overflow tray as the tray was quite small on these so it over filled and leaked. So the fix for it was to replace the drip tray. But in there is a copper pipe which coils up and is placed into the over flow tray which helps the water evaporate away.

But to fit this pipe you need to break into the fridge system and attach it to the compressor and then it will need to be regassed.

Im sorry but this is a job for a fridge engineer as it will have to be regassed to fix it.

Sorry this isn't good news but I have done loads of these in the past. There is a bulletin on this which shows how its done and has the part numbers.

So if you get a local fridge engineer in they may need this were as an Electrolux engineer will already now this. If you want this let me know and I can upload it for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.