KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Miele washing machine was working perfectly but now has

Customer Question

My Miele washing machine was working perfectly but now has no power, although I can see that there is power coming through to the extension lead.. I have tried changing the fuse in the electric plug. Any other suggestions please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-d4prjpl3- :

Hi Kevin, sorry can't get the answer to you about the model number for a couple of hours as I am away from home... The machine is approximately 12 years old and has been well looked after so should go on for another 24 years at least!

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if you have already tried to clean the drain pump/filter assembly and nothing is block in there then the problem is with the electronic control that is bad and needs replacement

JACUSTOMER-d4prjpl3- :

would the drain affect lack of power?? Not usually anything there but I am happy to clean it again as soon as I get home

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, if anything is stuck in there...also check if the door is latching properly...if both these things are fine then the electronic control should be replaced

JACUSTOMER-d4prjpl3- :

Thank you very much for your help Kevin, I will investigate that as soon as I get home. And if no blockage will arrange an engineer visit.

JACUSTOMER-d4prjpl3- :

If the blockage clears the matter immediately I will send you an excellent reference!!

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please kindly remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-d4prjpl3- :

Thank you - will be back very soon - service rate will be at least good :)

KevinWhiteJA :

OK Thanks :)

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, how did it go ? Please let me know if you need more assistance...