KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

The door willnt open! It has finished cycle but then after

The door willn't open! It has finished cycle but then after a while all lights start to flash on console and lock comes back on!! Have tried to turn off and unplug but as soon as I turn on at socket the lock comes back on and still can't open door.....washing has been in for a few days. I have checked bottom panel and there is no override bottom to open door, what can I do?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer: Iwc6145 and two years old in may
KevinWhiteJA :

Is the water still in there ?

Customer: Can't see any
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

so it is just the lock light that is flashing or any other lights are flashing as well ?

Customer: The lock light stays on. I have put on a spin cycle to check water has all gone then with go to end light, I can't get door open and have left it but then all light on top will start to flash!!
KevinWhiteJA :

You have to pull it out and then clean the drain pump assembly

Customer: How?
KevinWhiteJA :

pull the washer out and remove the back panel....clean the drain pump assembly completely and also there you will see the control board.

Take one wiring block off at a time and refit it. Do that to all of them and then plug the washer back in and see if this makes a difference.

Customer: Will have to wait for husband to get back as I can't move machine myself!! Feeble woman haha! But also has tumble drier on top, will try your idea as soon as I can and hopefully will work..... Thanks for your time
KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: Just one thing how do I clean drain? Any special way to do or anything I need to be aware off when I take it off?
KevinWhiteJA :

No just clean the drain hose connecting the pump, and the drain hose...you can pull the hose off and clean it completely make sure nothing is blocking anywhere and there is no water anywhere inside...after you have cleaned it and checked the control..plug it back again...if the issue is still there and the door lock will still flash then you will have to replace the door interlock assembly

Customer: Thanks again, hopefully willn't need to come back to you but nice to know I can if needed!
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link......Have a Good Day