Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hoover Condenser Tumble Dryer VHC 681B Door will not close.I

Customer Question

Hoover Condenser Tumble Dryer VHC 681B
Door will not close.I have replaced the latch which was very simple, but now find that the catch will not retract to allow the door to be closed.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi good morning,
Does yours have an electronic lock?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can only assume it has an electric lock IT is a Hoover Condenser dryer VHC 681B

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert, it sounds like the electric lock has failed. That would explain the problem with the door.
I jst check this for you and yours does have an electric lock.
The part that needs to be replaced is the electric lock, or it is possible that when the latch broke the part that broke is stuck inside the lock. Please let me know.
I will stick with you until this is fixed properly But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Robert.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I need is to be told how to fix this problem !

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert I will explain all that, but you need to first remove the old lock mechanism.
You will need to remove the top of the dryer, by taking out the screws at the top rear and sliding the cover back a bit and then you can lift it off.
Please let me know when you get this far.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the top and can see the electric catch

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Great, there are screws you can remove but you may find it easier to remove the front of the dryer, I usually do it this way as well.
I will stick with you until we have this all sorted out and fixed.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I remove the four screws that hold the front panel and door

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob Yes:-)
Just be careful not to let the drum fall out, or then you will need to reset that and the belt.
Im here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had to remove front control panel at top.Removed all screws from front panel but it will not come away

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, please make sure all screws are removed, then lift up and off.
Let me know how this goes.
Tech Michael