Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi I have an Indesit IWDE126 washing machine.... Cannot

Customer Question

I have an Indesit IWDE126 washing machine....
Cannot open machine after wash.....the green light (spin 1200/600 indicator) is flashing.....and the door lock light is flashing. Have tried power off and mains power off many times and have released any undrained water from bottom right. Have tried all of this many times with occasionally good results.....but problem always return after 3 or 4 washes. This time however, have tried everything and cannot open the machine

thanks
GR
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Does the door handle feel as it should, or is it loose?

Are you able to cancel the lights and select a new program?
Is the machine now empty of water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Door is as normal, but locked

Can turn off all lights /machine on main switch, but afterwards it actually turns itself back on....with same flashing lights displaying.

Can attempt to select a new program but 95% of the time nothing happens. *Occasionally* through random reselection of odd program combinations, it comes back to life

Machine is empty of water

GR

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

On the right of the facia should be a column of lights.
The door lock light is at the bottom, number this as 1.

Which numbers in the column are lit and which are flashing?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I got it wrong, you have 4 lights / buttons going across the facia.

Number them with 1 on the left, which numbers flash?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I think our messages crossed...

having tried to select a new program, currently there are no flashing lights in positions 1 to 4. The door lock light is lit solid red though....

door still locked

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
OK, so there's no flashing lights, the door is locked.
If you start the program, does it start?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No flashing lights at the time of last message, but NOW the lights are as they were at the top of our conversation. ie Light number 4 of the 4 lights....the one on the right, the spin rpm indicator is flashing green....and the door lock light is now flashing red. Door is locked.

If I try to select a program, the flashing green light will disappear but the program will not run

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Your machine is reporting a fault with the main control board.

As you have a later machine it's fitted with an electronic lock.
It will only unlock if the machine sends a signal to unlock.

You may have tried this, but, try again.
Press and hold the reset button, see if it unlocks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried pressing and holding down the reset button. After a couple of seconds, green lights flash momentarily which I guess means that it is actually resetting. But after 8 or so minutes, the door lock light is still lit solid red, and door will not open

GR

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, it all points to a faulty main control board.

It's an integrated machine so it's not going to be easy to retrieve the clothes.

There's no remote shown in the user manual, but check by the filter, see if there's a pull cord there.

If not, you need to drag the machine out.
Unplug it, and take the top off
Push the tub back and reach down the front to get to the lock.

There will be a button to slide or press to open it.
If not, in the centre of the lock you'll find the latch pin, push the pin over toward the door.

Sorry, if you can't do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.
The only alternative is to lever the door open, trying to do as little damage as possible.

Hope this helps
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dragged it out, powered down, took the top off, opened door from the inside. So far so good.

Put top back on, powered up and hit reset button......set a new program and it's running.....I guess the important bit will be whether it unlocks at the end of the cycle

will let you know

GR

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Hopefully it will now work and it's just been a jammed lock.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Just wondering how you got on with the test wash.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
First test wash:
All ok but at end of program, door remained locked.
Pressed reset and ran through spin cycle again and this time door opened OK at end of program

Second test wash with clothes.
Wash went ok but at end of program, door remained locked.
This time I just turned main switch off and on and the door unlocked on power up

Will continue to trail and error
Gr
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Difficult one to call, board or lock.

If you decide to go for the board, don't buy a new one to fit yourself, it has to be programmed after fitting.

Check www.emwelec.co.uk for refurbished boards.
They're already programmed.

Good luck with it.