Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a two year old KA62DA71GB fridge freezer and the water

Customer Question

I have a two year old KA62DA71GB fridge freezer and the water dispenser has stopped working, intermittently. The ice maker is OK - if anything, it is overproducing ice. could the water dispener br freezing up somewhere in the pipework?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you checked the water inlet valve/hose for any clogs/blockages? Did you check the dispenser switch ?

JACUSTOMER-e4s0o5ya- :

The water is back working again without me doing anything except emptying the ice drawer again - usual pattern of events. The dispenser switch is operating OK as even when the water isn't working the audible bit works when you press it. If/when it happens again I will check the water inlet

KevinWhiteJA :

Sounds good....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-e4s0o5ya- : It happened again, once again the ice making had gone into overdrive! I couldn't pull out the fridge to look at the water inlet, but again emptying out the ice has resulted in the water dispense recovering after a couple of hours. Before it recovers you get drips of water when you depress the switch. This sounds to me like a freezing up of some pipe work somewhere but I can't for the life of me work out how the water travels from the inlet to the outlet! The display also has the 'replace filter cartridge' light constantly flashing but I replaced that about a month ago. The problem has been happening both before and after they cartridge was fitted. Do you know the route of the piping from inlet to outlet?
KevinWhiteJA :

Check the water filter...if you think the water inlet solenoid is fine then it is the water filter that should be checked

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-e4s0o5ya- :

it has been happening before and after the filter change and we do not have high mineral load water - very soft water here. Do you know the internal pipework route where intermittent freezing could be happening??

KevinWhiteJA :

Well there is nothing freezing instead it seems that the water inlet valve is clogged...please pull it out and check it first before checking any pipe works...even if you want to check it for the clogs you will have to pull it out and take the rear off so that you can check any clogs