Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, Our BDW13 Baumatic dishwasher has stopped working :( It

Hi, Our BDW13 Baumatic dishwasher has stopped working :( It will switch on (red light comes come), You can choose a program (Red programme light comes on), Shut the door and it drains the water. You can hear the water filling up again but when it stops filling up you can then hear a humming noise and it won't start up. If you open the door again the red programme light is flashing. I've tried all the different programmes but it does exactly the same (no noisy wishy washy sound!). Your help would be very much appreciate :) Kind regards, Conrad.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The humming noise you hear is the wash motor trying to run.

I say 8 times out of 10 for this fault the wash motor itself is the problem.

What you can try is pull it out and remove the side panels and access the motor. Bolted to the side of the motor is the capacitor. Its either a white or silver cylinder with a few wires going to it.

What this does is gives the motor a boost to get going. Now sometimes this can be faulty and doesn't start the motor up so it just sits there humming.

What yo can try if you want is replace this first as they are about £10. If you are lucky it may just be this.

But if it still not running then the motor itself will need to be replaced to cure this which is quite expensive im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.