Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi Condenser Dryer TC 7114 When removing the water tank

Zanussi Condenser Dryer TC 7114
When removing the water tank to empty it a small plastic tube (about 40mm long, rib around the middle, square hole in one end) fell on the floor. Upon looking into the cavity where the tray was I found a spring lying on the bottom of the cavity.
It appears that this tube and spring fit into a housing at the rear of the tank compartment.
Question: which way round do they fit and, is there a special tool for locating them in the right place as it looks as if it may be difficult to reach by hand?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the plunger and spring has come out then the valve will need to be replaced.

As there should be a small seal which holds it all together in there and what happens is that seal breaks and it all falls apart.

To fix this you need to replace that valve. Lean it backwards and look inside were the bottle goes and you will see the valve. Its held in by 2 screws. Undo these and then you can remove the valve and swap it over.

Click here for the part you need

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel,

I have seen your answer and I have ordered the part.

Paul XXXX.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries. Let me know how it goes.