Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

im installing a new Bosch dishwasher. Just inside side the

i'm installing a new Bosch dishwasher. Just inside side the freshwater inlet is a red sieve-type disc. is this part of the inlet machine or do i remove it?! I would have to break it off with a screwdriver so i'm a bit confused.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

That's just the filter gauze so that's ment to be there.

So just screw the fill hose onto the water tape and keep that in place and it will be fine.

That red gauze is like filter so if you get bits on sediment through the water it collects in there instead of getting into the dishwasher.

Hope this helps you. If you need anymore info just get back to me,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just double checking. I'm talking about the water inlet in the machine, not the hose pipe ie the water entrance in the machine itself. Just inside where the water goes in is the gauze/sieve type red disc.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so its on the water inlet valve itself on the back of the dishwasher at the bottom?

If so then yes its the same. There are just filter gauzes. As when fitting a new dishwasher theres nothing in the water valve or hose you need to remove. Its just a case of pipeing it up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Your very welcome.