Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi there I have a fault on a candy integrated freezer model

Customer Question

Hi there I have a fault on a candy integrated freezer model number cfu138/1k.where if there is a power cut and the power came back on or if I turn the freezer dial setting down to off and back up the freezer does not re-start all power lights remain on will only re start if I bump the inside of the freezer problem seems to be getting worse and taking longer to get it started .
defrost alarm waking me in middle of night and as cost me two freezer full worth of food over a 6 month period if you could please assist me with this fault would be much appreciated
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you double check the model number please as its not coming up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there double checked off Id plate left hand side of freezer model cfu130/1k and then a load of numbers XXXXXXXXXXXNNN-NN-NNNN03. 01

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok for this fault its either a faulty compressor at the back or more then likely a faulty control board.

To see which is at fault you need to pull the freezer out.

From there look at the compressor n the back and remove the plastic cover on the left side.

There you will see a black wire towards the top of the compressor.

What you need to do is turn the power off to the freezer and then turn it back on.

Now you need a multimeter and see if that black wire has 240v there. If it does and the appliance isn't running then the fault will be the compressor.

But if there isn't until you bang it again then the control board will be the fault. Now you can replace the board yourself on these. Were as if it was the compressor you will need to get a fridge engineer in as these are not diy jobs. But its not usually worth fixing it if it was a faulty compressor.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there again I ve removed the cover from compressor and the only black wire present is at the very bottom centre of terminal block at the top I have a blue wire to left marked n on connector block and to the right I have a brown wire marked s on the terminal block sorry for the delay in reply due to shift work can u tell me which to wire to check 4 240.v

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok it may be in a different position but the black wire is the compressor wire so check that and see what voltage you get.