KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

WASHING MACHINE E-Nr WF02465GB/01 FD8303602508 it takes 5

Customer Question

WASHING MACHINE E-Nr WF02465GB/01 FD8303602508 it takes 5 mins to complete the very last 1 min at the final end of the washing cycle, it keeps spinning up to full speed and slowing down to zero in that last 5 mins. BOSCH Exxcel 1200
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you checked the drain pump assembly as well ? Is everything clean in there ?

Customer:

yes and the drain hose is clear

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, unplug the unit & can you pull it out and lay it to around 45 degrees so that there is no water in there...let me know if it comes out, I believe it is the pressure switch causing the drain pump to run continuously and thus, resulting in long cycle

KevinWhiteJA :

also check the black sump hose and make sure that is clean as well

Customer:

the bulbous drain pipe from the drum I partially removed but could not see in it, I could feel what seemed like a ball inside it felt clean and I refitted it .during the normal washing cycle the drain pump switches off and on at the appropriate times

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, I understand however, from what you have described it seems that either there is some leak or water is in there which activates the water level sensor so it continues a long cycle...

KevinWhiteJA :

if you pull it out and then take the rear off you can clean the drain pump assembly completely, also clean the hose connecting to the pump assembly..

Customer:

yes I think you are pointing me in the right direction. its 9 o clock now so 2morrow I will take of the bulbous hose and connecting pipes off and I bet there is some water up the pipe which connects to the pressure sensor, ill make sure that the ball is also working properly in its housing. many thanks for your advice

KevinWhiteJA :

Great, also make sure that the filter located at the bottom front is completely cleaned....also check for something jamming the pump....you can also test the pump with a multimeter for open circuit however, I believe after everything is cleaned the washer should start working fine

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance.....Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks & Have a Good night

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took the whole drain system off , hose from the drum , pipe from the sensor , water pump also a small reservoir where the outside drain pipe enters the w/m frame,this reservoir has a 1/16 hole which bleeds to the drum via a small pipe , this hole was blocked. I washed clean all the parts, I also suspect that the small dia pipe going up to the pressure sensor switch had got water up it. reassembled it all and it appears to be shutting down o/k at the end of its cycle. thanks for your advice. jack

You're welcome Jack...Thank You