KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a baumatic Bdi631 dishwasher, when you turn it ion you

Customer Question

I have a baumatic Bdi631 dishwasher, when you turn it ion you can't select a program as it beeps and flashes on intensive and economy. When you shut the door the beeping Carey's on for a minute or so then the cycle lasts about two minutes but theyres no water
Thanks Lauren
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Sorry to hear about your issue

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is your dishwasher ?

JACUSTOMER-wgnkntca- : Hi I'm unsure how old it is as I only rent the house
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

JACUSTOMER-wgnkntca- : I just wanted to see if there was a way to fix it myself before contacting the landlord
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, the flashing lights indicate a leak in the base...if you can pull the unit out and then lay it around 45 degrees on its side so that the water drains out completely...once the water has drained out the anti flood switch will reset itself and the machine should start to work again....also while the unit is unplugged check the drain pump assembly and make sure everything is clean in there...after all this is done try to run the unit again, if still it won't fill then it is the water inlet valve that will need replacement

JACUSTOMER-wgnkntca- : Thank you, will I be able to do that if the dishwasher is in a built in unit?
KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can pull it out and check everything for any leaks/clogs

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also remove the rear off the unit and clean the drain pump assembly completely

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes