Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

the pilot light has stopped working does this break the circuit

Customer Question

the pilot light has stopped working does this break the circuit to the on/off switch and stop the .machine from working ?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

after reading your question it seems you are talking about two different appliances here...please elaborate your problem so that I can help you

JACUSTOMER-i71i8kb4- :

I'm only talking about one appliance that a dishwasher model Di620 the indicator light does work does this mean the circuit is not complete. if so can I fit a new pilot light I find the system very confusing

JACUSTOMER-i71i8kb4- :

I cannot afford to spend a lot of money from my O/A pension

KevinWhiteJA :

OK..pilot light is in oven :) sorry I was confused

KevinWhiteJA :

so you mean the pilot lamp in the dishwasher is not working

KevinWhiteJA :

however, the light on the control is working

KevinWhiteJA :

but still it won't start...is that right ?

JACUSTOMER-i71i8kb4- :

the pilot light on the dishwasher is not working does this prevent the m/c from starting

KevinWhiteJA :

If there is a short circuit inside then only it won't start...you will have to check the pilot light and make sure there is no shot anywhere inside

JACUSTOMER-i71i8kb4- :

no further assistance required please remove my query and my e.mail address

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Poor Service ? I am still here to help you and you have not been replying...how can I help if there is no response from your end ?