Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch WFT 2800 washer/dryer. Cycle starts but stops almost

Bosch WFT 2800 washer/dryer. Cycle starts but stops almost immediately and ticks as if trying to move through the cycle but nothing happens. Have tried to forward but doesn't move on. Aftet switching off then on again will move forwards a cycle for a few seconds but then stops again! Your advice would be much appreciated
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Will it fill with water?

Also if you set to a spin cycle will the pump run?

Will the drum turn?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Initially it filled and stopped on spin cycle. Managed to get through programmes to open the door but clothes sopping wet. Now won't proceed more than a few seconds in ANY cycle.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so now if you set to a spin what actually happens?

Will the drain pump run?

Will the drum turn?

Does the pump carry on running or is it stopping?

And are you getting any flashing lights on the front?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have turned off and on again so I could get to spin cycle. Water started to drain for a fee seconds then stopped, machine gurgles and 'tick tocks' but then just stops. Drum had not turned. Lights are on but not flashing

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and from there remove the back panel.

There at the bottom you will see the motor.

Take this off and you need to check the carbon brushes.

On this motors you need to split them. Theres 4 bolts on each side. Remove these and pull the motor apart. But first draw a line in maker pen across the motor so you now which way round it goes.

Then remove the front part.

Then the middle.

The your left with the carbon brush holder. Check to see if they are worn down. If so then they will need to be replaced.

But first look at the armature on the motor. If theres a big line around it in the middle then its probberly taken the motor out and wont work if you just replace the brush module.

As when you see that line on the armature you need to replace the motor. But they are very very expensive and not even worth fixing. You could get another washer for the price of a motor in these.

But check the brushes first as if it just that then they are about £70 just for the part.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah! I will need to do this tomorrow when someone can help me to move the machine. Can I come back to you after or during that time if I need help ?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Not a problem.

Check it out when you can and if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

How did you get on with the washer as the question is still open?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Was too tricky for me to fix. So unfortunately the £33 was a bit of a waste.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear that. On some faults it can be tricky to get at and will involve taking it to bits.

But fingers crossed you get this sorted.

If you could rate the service I gave that would be great.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.