Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a NEFF cooker hood type DFX418 that has very suddenly

I have a NEFF cooker hood type DFX418 that has very suddenly stopped working. The metal filters are cleaned regularly. There are no carbon filters in place but these are optional. I have replaced the 13A fuse to the right in the socket to the right of the hood. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the full model number please it usually starts with E-nr

Also when you say its stopped working in what way has it stopped?

Are the lights coming on?

Can you hear the fan?

If not is there a humming noise?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

There is no fan and no lights working. None of the switches are working. The trip switch is fine and I have replaced the 13A fuse 3 times. The number is XXXXX

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok were was the 13 amp fuse you replaced?

Was it in the plug for the cooker hood?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel, I can only see a fused switch to the right of the cooker hood. Where is the plug likely to be? Behind the hood chimney?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok I thought that was the one you would have replaced.

On a chimney hood there should be a 5 amp fuse in a plug. This will be behind the chimney section at the top.

Remove the chimney and you will see the plug there. To take the chimney down look at it at the very top in the back corner and you will see a screw either side.

Remove these and this will allow you to remove the chimney section and access the plug from there.

Then swap that fuse over and then turn it back on and I think you will find one of the bulbs will have blown. This will be why the fuse has gone. So replace the bulb aswell and it will be back fully working again.