Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My bosch washing machine is a class Ixx 1400 express. e.nr.wfo

Customer Question

My bosch washing machine is a class Ixx 1400 express. e.nr.wfo 2866gb/01 8407 603509.
It was working through its washing cycle, but did not spin, removed washing, tried spin only, did not spin. went through wash program again same results.
motor runs, belt not broken, pump works, check filter all o.k.
spoke to someone from bosch who was rather negative, if it was a relay as your machine was 10 years old, we don't have these parts.
with my description of the problem with out pinning you down exactly, what in your opinion could be the problem and can you supply the parts?.
I have been very pleased with this bosch washing machine for all these years I would rather keep it, than having to buy a new one, I am an old age pensioner so I could not afford a Basch on, so hoping you can help me with this problem.
Yours Faithfully R.Burford.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Empty the machine.
Put it on spin only.

Does the drum turn?
Does it spin as it should?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is free movement of the drum, spines as it should, no noise or bearing wobble.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

If it spins ok empty, put a full load in and try it on rinse and spin.

What happens?
What load did you have in it when it wouldn't spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already done this, a small load still the same result, it will go through all the actions, fill up and drain down, but will not go in to spin mode.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I'm not to know what you've already tried.
What I'm trying to do is get information from you that will help me diagnose the fault.
To do this, I have to ask questions of you.

Can you clarify that the drum turns when you use the machine?
You say it won't go into spin mode, can you explain exactly what you mean by this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, but gave all the relevant information on the first page of this enquiry, weather this is past to I don't know, the belt and motor o.k. did you receive the comment's on Bosch parts electrical.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I see the information but it's not detailed enough for a remote diagnosis.

Bosch won't help with technical queries, they want to repair the machine and make money.

I'll opt out of your question and open it to all again.
See if anyone can make out the cause of the fault from the information posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand your predicament, you cant help me because of Bosch.So its not your fault I understand.